IMPORTANT: You must register and pay for this event by June 1.
Doesn't it feel like forever since we've been together? WordSpring 2022 is a reprise of plans set forth in 2020, which had to be cancelled due to Covid19 restrictions. But we're back, and we have a great lineup of workshops and presenters, including our fabulous keynote speaker Lesley Crewe. Register soon! WordSpring 2022 is only six weeks away.
Please note: Face masks are required on campus including residence. Masks can be removed when you are seated and eating, and when in your own room.
Friday June 3, 2022
3:00 - 5:00 pm
Dinner on your own
6:45 - 7:00 pm
- Welcome from WFNB President and WFNB Board Member, Angele Bourque
- First Nation Opening Ceremony – Roche Sappier
7:00 - 7:15 pm
7:15 - 10 pm
- Writing Competition Awards and Reception (appetizers and cash bar); co-hosted by Susan White and Martha Vowles
Saturday June 4, 2022
8:00 - 8:45 am
9:00 - 10:00 am
10:00 -10:15 am
10:15 -11:45 am - Workshop Options
- Lunch and 2022 Annual General Meeting. All WFNB members are welcome. Includes election of directors and executive.
1:15 - 2:30 pm - Workshops Options
2:30 – 2:45 pm
2:45 – 4:00 pm - Workshop Options
- Blue Pencil Café – 20 minutes of one-on-one consultation with a facilitator who reviews your work: 1,000 words of prose or five pages of poetry. Pre-registration required.
Dinner on your own
6:00 - 7:00 pm
- NB Book Awards Reception, Memorial Hall UNB, Fredericton, NB
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- NB Book Awards Ceremony, Memorial Hall UNB, Fredericton, NB
Sunday June 5, 2022
8:00 - 9:00 am
- First Nation Closing Ceremony; Roche Sappier
9:15 - 10:15 am - Workshop
St. Thomas University no longer runs a summer hotel, but the WFNB has reserved a block of ten rooms, five single and five double. They can be reserved on a first come, first served basis. No refunds will be issued after May 20.
For alternative accommodations in the Fredericton area, check Fredericton Tourism: https://www.tourismfredericton.ca/en/stay
Checklist for Members
Make sure you didn't forget to register for anything with limited space!
WFNB gratefully acknowledges the ongoing support of the New Brunswick Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture; and the New Brunswick Department of Education and Early Childhood Development. #ArtsCultureNB