IMPORTANT: You must register and pay for this event by June 1. If you are also booking Friday events (book launch, open mic and book table), as well as Saturday's Blue Pencil café -- you must register by May 27.
We can hardly believe almost a year has passed since our successful WordSpring event at St. Thomas University in 2022. This year, we are in Saint John, hosted by the wonderful staff at the Saint John Central Library, and Chateau Saint John.
The NB Book Awards--which is free and open to the public-- will be held on Saturday evening at Lily Lake Pavilion (at the entrance to Rockwood Park) and emceed by Julia Wright of CBC. (Look for a separate free event page for the NB Book Awards in the coming weeks.)
We have a great lineup of workshops and an afternoon of readings for you to enjoy, including our fabulous keynote speaker James Mullinger. Register soon! WordSpring 2023 is only a couple of months away.
Accommodations A block of 20 double rooms is currently reserved for WFNB registrants of WordSpring 2023 at Chateau Saint John, at the group rate of $139.00 plus tax per night. (Group name is Writers' Federation of NB.) If you would like a room, please contact them before MAY 2, 2023. The rooms will be released after that date.
Château Saint John, Hotels & Suites
369 Rockland Road
Saint John, NB E2K 3W3
Friday June 2, 2023 - Saint John Central Library
2:00 - 5:00 pm
-Dinner on your own-
6:30 - 7:00 pm
- Welcome from WFNB President
- First Nation Opening Ceremony – Roche Sappier
7:00 - 9:00 pm
- Writing Competition Awards and Reception (appetizers and cash bar); co-hosted by Susan White and Martha Vowles
Saturday June 3, 2023 - Saint John Central Library
9:30 - 10:15 am
10:15 -10:30 am
10:30 am -12:30 pm - Workshop Options
12:30 pm - Lunch on your own
Saturday afternoon Readings: Main Floor of the central library
2:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- David Adams Richards/Margo Wheaton, launching their new book of poetry (15 minutes each plus Q & A)
- Michael Pacey, reading from his book of poetry, published in 2022
(15 minutes plus Q & A)
- Break - Book purchase, bathroom, etc. (Psst...There will be cake!)
- Chuck Bowie (15 minutes plus Q & A)
- Sarah Murphy (15 minutes plus Q & A)
Chapters/Indigo will be on hand to offer books for purchase from participating authors.
4:30 pm - Dinner on your own
6:00 - 7:00 pm
- NB Book Awards Reception, Lily Lake Pavilion (at the entrance to Rockwood Park) Saint John
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- NB Book Awards Ceremony, Lily Lake Pavilion, Saint John
Sunday June 5, 2022 - Chateau Saint John
9:30 am - 11:30 am - Workshop
Checklist for Members
Make sure you didn't forget to register for anything with limited space!
WFNB gratefully acknowledges the ongoing support of the New Brunswick Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture; and the New Brunswick Department of Education and Early Childhood Development. #ArtsCultureNB