The Writers’ Federation of New Brunswick offers a variety of programs that fulfill its vision of Creating Community Through Words.
- WordSpring is our annual weekend festival of professional development workshops, readings, a Literary Soirée, and an AGM. It is held in late May, attracting participants from the Maritimes and beyond.
- WordsFall, is our outreach program of workshops and readings that take place across New Brunswick during the autumn.
- The Writers in the Schools Program (WiSP) brings writers into the classroom to encourage reading and literacy. We manage WiSP in partnership with the New Brunswick Department of Education, which fully funds the program.
- Our Mentorship Program pairs established professional writers (mentor) with emerging writers (mentee) to work in a one-on-one setting.
- We hold an annual Writing Competition that awards several thousand dollars in cash prizes. It is open to all New Brunswickers as well as WFNB members across Canada.
- In 2015–-16 we co-founded the first-ever New Brunswick Book Awards in association with The Fiddlehead and AAAPNB. The inaugural award ceremony takes place on April 27, 2016 at the Capitol Theatre in Moncton as part of the Frye Festival.
- We conceived and produced Breaking the Word Barrier, a book created in collaboration with Laubach Literacy NB. It tells personal stories of struggles with literacy, as revealed through interviews of adult literacy students by WFNB members.