Vision & Mandate
Our vision statement is simple: Creating Community Through Words.
Our mandate grows from that vision.
- Help New Brunswick writers to write.
- Help them acquire the professional skills to achieve financial self-sufficiency as writers.
- Raise public awareness of literary culture by showcasing works of New Brunswick and other writers.
Our mandate embodies five objectives.
- Nurture a sense of community among New Brunswick writers of all ages, genres, and levels of development, in all geographic areas of the province.
- Develop and sustain professionalism among New Brunswick writers through workshops on both the craft and the business aspects of writing.
- Promote the works of New Brunswick writers.
- Raise public awareness of – and engagement in – the culture of writing, storytelling, and literature in New Brunswick.
- Promote literacy in schools and in the New Brunswick community at large.